Dienstag, 16. September 2014

A normal schoolday

Hey everybody!
So today, I would like to show you today, how a "normal" school day looks like for me (Monday and Tuesday).

So every morning (besides of Wednesday and Friday, look at my last post for more Information about it :)), I normally get up at 7:00 and then just get ready for start of school. At around 7:30, I'm normally going down for breakfast and taking my backpack and all my school stuff with me, as I don't have to hurry that much then. After having breakfast (cereals, fruits, eggs or lots of other things), I already have to go to the Classroom wing and to my Book locker, to get my books and my binders for the next period. And then, School starts! :) On Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays, I'm having all my courses and Wednesday and Thursday "share" the courses, so that we have two or three on one day, which is really comfortable!
I'm taking 5 courses, which means that I have two free periods every day. (I'll post a Picture of my schedule soon.) Then, between 11.20 a.m. and 1.25, I'm having lunch. At which time Im having kunch also depends from my schedule.
My School day Ends between 2.00 a.m. and 4 a.m. Afterwards, I'm having sports (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday) from 4.00 a.m. to 5.30. a.m. and then I'm immediately going to Dinner (which is from 5.30 to 6.30). After the lunch, I'm mostly already going to my room to have some time to check my phone and to Chat with friends. At seven, Study Hall starts, which is for me, a "upperclasswomen" in my room for the first two weeks and afterwards, I'm allowed to go to the library or other olaces as well. These two hours of learning were enough for me so far, but I'm sure that it'll get a lot harder throught the year. But now I can tell u a Little bit about my classes:
I'm taking Latin IV, US History, Chemistry, Algebra II and English II. In my smallest class, Latin, we are only four Girls (me included), which means that you will be asked a lot of questions, but I really like this class and on Thursday, we are spending our Latin class in the Dining Hall and therefore we are all having breakfast while we are talking about LAtin, which is really comfortable and lots of fun!
All the other classes are a lot bigger (10-15 Girls) but still lots of fun! :)

And although it's only the first week of School, we already had Little test (Latin, Algebra and english) and will have lots of them this week (Reading Test in History right now and Hístory and Chemistry tests on Friday. These tests are another difference to Germany: Here, in the States, you are having a Little test about the homework or the lesson before around one or two times a week and bigger tests 2 times a month. While the teacher in Germany ask questions to ONE Person at the beginning of class, nobody does this "Kind of testing" here!

There is so much more that I could write about, but I have to go to my last two classes for today! :)

Love,
Sophie

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen